Full Length Plays
Winner, 2022 Community Theatre Association of Michigan Playwriting Award: CORA LYNN BEAUTY CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Cora Lynn Beauty Can Change Your Life (drama)
Synopsis: Assigned to be hotel roommates at a Cora Lynn Beauty convention, Harlene and Stacey clash over everything from craft beer to country music and line dancing – even erupting in a “Bible off” following a revelation by Stacey. Along with their baggage – both literal and figurative – it turns out that they have both brought hidden agendas to the convention – agendas they hope will help them transform their lives. While the two women struggle to find common ground, larger events upend their plans and bring them to a new understanding of each other.
Click here to access Cora Lynn Beauty Can Change Your Life. Photo by onderortel on Pixabay.
The Bucket List of Booze Club (dramedy) – Freshwater Theatre in Minneapolis, Minnesota May 6-15, 2-22. Other outings:
- Full production by Barefoot Productions in October 2016
- Finalist in Arizona-based Bridge Initiative’s 2015 Playwriting Contest
- Staged reading in 2014 Renegade Theatre Festival (Lansing, MI)
- Staged reading in the 2013 Giraffe Staged Reading Festival (Detroit, MI)
Synopsis: Four longtime friends gather weekly to work through their problems while working through a list of exotic beverages like absinthe and slivovitz, on the premise that it’s important to try everything once. The serious illness of one of the friends leads to revelations of anger and jealousy and ultimately becomes the catalyst for change – of one kind or another – in all of their lives.
Click here to access The Bucket List of Booze Club on www.newplayexchange.org.
Antares Awaits is a full-length comedy about ambition, spirituality and how internet fame can come back to bite you in the- well, you know. The Roial Players at Michigan State University did an incredibly imaginative job of staging the play online. Click here to watch it on Youtube.
One act plays
The following have been performed by/at Dirty Blondes Theatre Company (NYC), Detroit Fringe Festival, Rosedale Community Players, TLC One-Acts Festival, St. Dunstan’s One-Act Festival, Extra Mile Playwrights Theatre events, West Coast Players One Act Festival (Clear Lake, FL), Boxfest Detroit, Two Muses Women’s Playwrighting Festival, Monster Box Theatre,
- Rich & Melanie’s First Date – a comedy about two zombies who met on ZombieMatch.com – and the server who doesn’t want to wait on them.
- Jack Writes Home – a drama based on letters my father wrote home during WWII.
- Boobs – a comedy featuring two very competive breasts who don’t realize what they’re waiting for.
- Scene in Black and White – a drama about race and assumptions. Winner of Audience Favorite Award.
- Cleaning Out the Attic – comedy. A senior citizen has a secret hobby that is discovered and disrupted by his grandson.
- Color Blind – a dramedy. Two college freshmen find that the baggage they brought to their new dorm room isn’t all in suitcases.
- Going Nowhere – a comedy. A flight delay reveals that a couple is not just stuck in an airport terminal – they’re stuck in a relationship that’s going nowhere.
- It Goes Without Saying – a romantic drama. A rehearsal of a community theatre play unleashes some surprising feelings, forcing one character to brave his soul and another to consider a life-altering decision.
- Mama Rosa’s Cucina – comedy. An Italian restaurant owner creates magic and romance with her cooking – but the results aren’t always what she expected. Or wanted.
- Ruin Porn – drama. A tour of Detroit’s once-magnificent, now decaying buildings turns into a confrontation between one of the city’s longtime residents and one of its newer ones.
- Such a Small Word – drama. A woman tries to re-start her life after a terrible mistake, but finds that the past is something that won’t stay…in the past.
- The Angel Thief – drama – An elderly woman is forced to confront her fears about change when new neighbors make their way into her life.
- The King of Rejections – comedy – Two roommates compete over which one’s dreams are being thwarted the most, until a girlfriend throws a curve that changes the balance of the contest.
- There’s Nothing Wrong With Me – comedy. An encounter at a public beach reveals what appears to be a toxic relationship – or is it?
- Who Goes to Antarctica? – dramedy – Longtime friends are forced to confront the truths about their marriages when a brush with infidelity brings long-simmering frustrations to the surface. Won an Audience Favorite Award.
Contact Me About My Plays
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about producing my plays.